Farming Organic Lettuce and Organic White Trout
Using a total resource recovery approach, we are partners in raising fish in tanks with vegetables grown in water, and without waste.
- The fish waste provides food for growing plants and the plants filter the water for the fish.
- Aquaponics for raising fish and growing plants in water and without soil in one system.
- The USDA has not yet set a definition for organic seafood, so there is no “USDA Organic” option for seafood.
Best Aquaculture Practices Certifications:
Green Seal provides science-based environmental certification standards that are credible, transparent and essential to helping manufacturers, purchasers and consumers make responsible choices that positively impact business behavior and improve quality of life. Thousands of products and services in hundreds of categories have been certified to meet Green Seal standards. Green Seal provides public education and guidance for creating a more sustainable world.
Best Aquaculture Practices (BAP) is an international, third-party certification system that verifies environmentally and socially responsible processes under which finfish, crustaceans and mussels are produced.
Aquaculture Hatcheries and Farms: The GLOBALG.A.P. Aquaculture Standard applies to a diversity of fish, crustaceans and molluscs and extends to all hatchery-based farmed species, as well as the passive collection of seedlings in the planktonic phase. It covers the entire production chain, from broodstock, seedlings and feed suppliers to farming, harvesting and processing
Absolute Seafood™ processing
- Value-added specialty food products are cut, shaped, smoked, prepared or packaged to improve handling, presentation, and convenience.
- Certified organic white trout is only as good as the raw product it was made from.
- We monitor and control quality from the Fish to Fork.
Basically, we start with high quality organic white trout and add natural quality ingredients to make value added products. The specialty product is then vacuum-packed and packaged for food safety. Packaging is engineered according to the product, its application and customer needs. Depending on the product, it may be sold refrigerated or frozen.
- Food processing facility for product manufacturing.
- Formulation, testing , and packaging of the food products.
- Smoked Trout
- Trout Fillets
- Trout in Olive Oil
- Trout Jerky
- Smoked Trout Paté
- Marinated Trout
- Pastrami Style Smoked Trout
- Smoked Trout Dip
- Gravlax Trout
- Trout Sausage
Absolute White Trout™
- Absolute White Trout™ contains no artificial flavors, artificial preservatives, synthetic colors, MSG, added trans fats, or genetically modified ingredients.
- Absolute White Trout™ is imported and then packaged in FDA or USDA licensed and approved commercial manufacturing facilities that possess a variety of food safety certifications, including GMP and HACCP.
Companies for Sustainability
Seafood sustainability: In 2012, SUPERVALU expanded their seafood sustainability commitment to include both farm-raised and wild-caught seafood, and also announced the discontinuation of six wild-caught seafood species (orange roughy, shark, monk, bluefin tuna, skates, and hoki) due to unsustainable sourcing concerns....SUPERVALU also entered into a formal partnership with the Global Aquaculture Practices (GAA) to implement a comprehensive procurement policy in which the company will adopt Best Aquaculture Practices (BAP) certification for farm-raised seafood.